Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:41 pm by fishhard

December 2018

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Fishing at jordan

riverrat

Fishing at jordan

Post  riverrat on Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:35 pm

Me and Junior fished a little (and I mean little) jon boat tournament today. We put in at Ebeneezer and Junior says he has a hot tip on a good spot. He says to take off towards the main lake and I ask where we going.
    He said, "you see that point way over there to the left of the bridge".
    I said, "What bridge?"
    "That bridge" he pointed.
    "You mean THAT bridge just above the horizon?"

After riding for several hours we get to the point and Junior says that Maximize catches a lot of fish in the cove. About 200 yards from the bank we just about tear all the motors off the boat from running aground. I ask him if he is sure this is the place.
    He says he is positive, Maximize would not pull his leg.
    We sit out there 250 yards from the bank squinting to see if there was anything to throw at even it we got out of the boat, caught a taxi to drive us to the bank, but we count our money and decide we aint got enough for taxi fare to go that far anyway.
    We fire up the motors and ride nearly to the back of the cove when we see the depth finder read 10 feet.
    Junior said that must be where David caught his fish. I said "Yea, right". We started fishing down the bank and after another mile and a half of nothing I say, "That David must be the luckiest dude on earth to catch a fish here"
    More nothing. We get to the rocks in the back of the creek and Junior says "Right here is Sammy and Davids crappy hole. "You said a mouthfull there" I said.
    We fish all the way down the rocks without a bite and I once again ask if Junior has the right place. He said it was the right place and David has a lot of confidence in it. I go into a cussing fit, questioning all of Davids fishing skills and Sammys for hanging around him, and saying he wouldnt know a good fishing spot if it bit him on his ass and.......................GET THE NET!!!!!!!!! A keeper. Barely a keeper, but a keeper!!!
    Now ME and DAVID are the luckiest fools on earth to catch the two stupidest fish on earth.

We rode for 4 of the 6 hours we fished, all the way across the lake and back for 1 fish. But that one fish was all it took. Nobody else had a single fish.

Thanks for letting us borrow your spot. Dont worry though, we wont go back again Very Happy
    Maxamize

Re: Fishing at jordan

Post  Maxamize on Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:57 am

That spot just gives you what you need, There is a bird house on a pole to your right entering that cove and off the bank from that about 150 to 200 yard the water is 6 foot, if go to the towards 64 the water will drop to 20 foot, you don't catch many but the ones you do are nice. How many crappie did you catch and did you when the tournament?
    sammy

Post  sammy on Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:55 am

Thats a cool story Rat. Yeah they won the tournament and wanna talk junk about your spot cheers
    Junior

Post  Junior on Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:53 pm

We fount that dropoff. It looks like a good spot. There were just no fish there yesterday.
    riverrat

Post  riverrat on Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:47 pm

Right when we passed the bird pole(no house on it yesterday) the water dropped off. That was a pretty good spot. We made a cast or two in there without a bite so I never let up on the trolling motor. I think it stayed on speed 5 all day king .

If I aint on nothing, I will see a lot of the lake :afro:

Yea, we won the tournament. Won the one Saturday too bounce
    brianwade

Post  brianwade on Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:27 pm

Alright Rat, now your caught! Talkin junk about my "little, and I mean little tournament". :evil: The next one's gonna be better. We might even double the number of teams. Very Happy That'll make 4 won't it?

We're going to be at Beaverdam, and I got a couple ideas to make it more interesting. I'll call you sometime next week.

You might have to deal with Cookie team and Derrick team next time, and Jeff team and Mike (the new guy with his son).

If we have good weather and if everybody wants to do the new thing, there might be a big prize on the line.
    riverrat

Post  riverrat on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:58 pm

Sounds good Brian cheers .

I just hope our luck hangs in for a little longer.
    Maxamize

Post  Maxamize on Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:19 am

Hey Rat, I seen you off of 3rd street Monday evening talking to a hole in the ground, when I went by my car said beep beep Shocked I had to take that monkey suit back. clown
    riverrat

Post  riverrat on Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:48 pm

It was hard to tell if that was you. I have so many people riding by and blowing the horn.

They think I am some queer prostitute and they think if the horn blows they think I do too :evil:
    brianwade

Post  brianwade on Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:08 am

lol!
    riverrat

Post  riverrat on Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:15 am

Fished at Falls this weekend. The fishing was only slightly better than last time at Jordan.
    Me and Junior decided to goof off most of the day this time and then back into some fish at the last. We decided where the fish was going to be caught and went hell bent the other direction as fast as we could. We put in at the ramp and saw the water temps were about 54 degrees so we figured if we went far enough up the creek we might find some ice. Sure enough, we got to the back of the creek and the water was starting to thicken up just before freezing.
    We found the worst possible place to have a chance to catch a fish, and this time we done it without Sammy and Davids help. Now we were set to fail cheers .
    After a few thousand casts Junior hooked into a 15 1/2 incher. That was close!!!! Another half of an inch and we would have had a keeper. That would have screwed up everything. Here we are trying to avoid catching a keeper and he near about got one, so he switches from a spinnerbait to a shakey head. Nobody catches a keeper on a shakey head. I start with the spinnerbait, but to avoid risking a fish I throw it in the willow bushes every cast as not to give a fish a chance to get it.
    3,845 casts later I miss the bushes and it falls in the water and another 15 1/2 incher jumps on.
    After this close call we decide to move before we have any more bad luck. We move to the shallow side of the lake. Instead of fishing 2 feet of water we are now in 6 inches of water. We pick up a couple more dinks so we move again. Everywhere we go we get bit. We fall in behind Ice and get bit. Get behind Brian and Andrew and get bit. Everywhere we go we catch fish!!!!! It is horrible to be cursed like this. Our arms ache constantly, back hurts from carrying bags of fish to the scales, and the thrill of catching fish is just gone Rolling Eyes

We float around the middle of the lake eating crackers for what seems like hours to avoid any chance of a fish jumping in the boat.
    With an hour left in the tournament we go to the spot we picked that morning to win the tournament. After we get there we are in a crowd of boats that have been beating that spot to a froth all day. Junior fires off a cast at a tree that has had the bark beat off it all day and gets our first keeper. A little while later I boat a 5 pounder. All within just a few minutes.
    That should do it we say so we head back to the ramp to get our winnings. Well.............
    WHAT FRIGGIN LUCK!!!!! SOME LUCKY BASTARD BEAT US OUT OF FIRST BY 3 OUNCES!!!!!!!
    I swear, if it were not for bad luck we'd have no luck at all :evil: . One of these days..................................
    brianwade

Post  brianwade on Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:18 am

Rat, that does it. Next time I see you, I'm kickin your arse. Shocked Smile
    Maxamize

Post  Maxamize on Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:12 am

Rat, Know what you mean, A blind squrrel gets a nut every now and then 👽

gt

Post  gt on Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:19 am

where ever i've been fishing in the last week it's on FIRE........Wylie or any farm pond,golf course. Since last friday over a 100 bass & 2 yellow perch & 1 shellcracker....the sad part is the 2 Toads i lost one looked to about 8lbs the other 10+lbs.........if you're heading to Wylie any time soon up until thursday night white zoom flukes not pearl but white better be in your bag...still bring the green pumpkin...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:25 am