Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» denali rod sale
Looking to join EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 9:30 am by fishhard

» my new hooks for $2.40 a pack
Looking to join EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 9:33 am by fishhard

» photos of last trip 8-17-2013
Looking to join EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 2:10 pm by fishhard

» My bass photos from 7-13-13
Looking to join EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 11:59 am by fishhard

» Last saturday on the lake
Looking to join EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 2:41 pm by fishhard

March 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

+4
Maxamize
ice
riverrat
slarose20
8 posters

Looking to join

slarose20
    slarose20

Looking to join Empty Looking to join

Post  slarose20 Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:00 pm

I recently came across your website and emailed the admin about joining. I am an avid fisherman who can't get enough. I am also a Yankee Thumbs Up who is looking to learn as much as possible about these southern waters.

A little about myself. My name is Stephen LaRose and I am a college student a Fayetteville State University. I will graduate in December. I have fished my entire life in upstate New York where I enjoyed the luxury of living on a river where I caught many large small mouth bass. Caught my first Large Mouth when I came down here and fished Harris Lake.

My Step Father and I are looking for a club to fish together and looking to meet many others who enjoy this sport as much as we do. I currently belong to another club, but fish with a different person and would love the chance to fish competitively with him.

Well, I look forward to reading any reply's and hopefully meeting any of you in the near future.

The only question I have that i couldn't find on the website is do you all hold monthly meetings? If so where? Kinda curious where many of you are located.

Also would like to know how to become a member.

Thanks again.

Steve
    riverrat
    riverrat

Looking to join Empty Re: Looking to join

Post  riverrat Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:32 pm

Welcome Steve!!!!!!
    I think you will really enjoy this club. These are a great bunch of guys. I think we have another yankee from upstate New York fishing this year. He says he has lived here for years and years but I aint too sure about that Confused
    My name is Mike but everybody calls me Rat. Short for Riverrat. I used to be able to catch a fish on the river but I can't remember the last fish I caught there. As a matter of fact, I aint caught a fish in the last 4 tournaments I fished in pale . It has got to get better sometime No

Potter will fix you right up if you want to join. I hope to meet you up at Harris next week Thumbs Up

Monthly meetings might be pretty fun Potter... Very Happy
    slarose20
    slarose20

Post  slarose20 Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:28 pm

Hey thanks for the reply.. lol i just fished a tourney last weekend and we were the only ones to catch a fish... ok ok heres teh story..

Came to the last point of the day .. and fished the mouth of the cove around to the point. I through my lipless Crank until the eyes fell off...

well my last cast I ripped it through the grass and all of a sudden I had a fish on .. i set the hook .. yelled to my partner and he laughed (thought i was joking) the fish broke the water.. he stumbled to get the net .. got over to me and well .. he threw the net to the ground .. laughed and walked away.

It was about a 4-5 lb carp that swollowed the lipless crank. No lies. This is a first for me and i can tell ya I have never seen this before. Anyway a bad day of fishing is always a better than a good day at work Wink ..

thanks again look forward to fishing with you all.. im going out somewhere this weekend anyone going?

Steve
    ice

Post  ice Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:38 am

hey is that a bass in your hand or a carp?welcome to the club.LOL
    riverrat
    riverrat

Post  riverrat Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:17 am

That was the other New Yorker that just posted (ICE). Very Happy

I will be fishing with two of my other clubs this weekend. I fish in some jon boat clubs and we have a tourney at Ramseur on Saturday and have one at Harris on Sunday. If you are at Harris Sunday come by the 42 boat ramp at 1:00 and catch our weigh-in. Several of us will be fishing in that.
    Maxamize
    Maxamize

Post  Maxamize Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:53 am

Good to have you Slarose20, We got alot of good boys in this club but you will learn witch one you can't belive(ice), My name is David and I live in Pittsboro. I mite be heading to tillery this weekend after my sons basketball game,I look foward to meeting you and your Dad at Harris on March 13th I know Ice will be happy to have someone there to help tell us how it was done up north lol!
    slarose20
    slarose20

Post  slarose20 Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:27 am

Naw that's the first Bass I caught here in NC... not the biggest I've caught but still my first hehehe.

I may look into fishing Harris Sunday, but was really looking to go somewhere like Tillery Sat. If you do go there Max, def. let me know. May also head back up to Jordan.

Sadly, just found out that we can't fish Harris next week as we will be in FLA. I am very excited though and can't wait to fish with you all. Hopefully I will meet some of you this weekend.

Steve
    Maxamize
    Maxamize

Post  Maxamize Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:38 pm

Yep Steve, I will try and let you know, my sons ball game is at 10am sat. But might try them cats on sat nite at tillery with some friends But I'm married with two kids and plans are always changing. Rolling Eyes
    slarose20
    slarose20

Post  slarose20 Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:35 pm

ya .. someone told me it's game over once you get married Razz...

On a side note no worries, im going somewhere in the morning til well whenever Razz .. def thinking about Harris on Sunday also.

Steve
    sammy
    sammy

Post  sammy Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:12 pm

Welcome to the board Steve!! I will be at Harris Sunday too. Hope to see you there! Our club does not have a meeting every month, but we could if everyone is intreseted in doing so. We are a new club that just got started last year so we are figuring out alot as we go. We look foward to seeing you at some of our events. Only two weeks till the season get started up!! cheers
    slarose20
    slarose20

Post  slarose20 Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:58 pm

Thanks Sammy.. ya im thinking of fishing Sunday for sure. Probably going somewhere Saturday also. I wont be at the Harris tourney unfortunately, since ill be deep water fishing off the coast of Fla. Razz

I'll def look into coming to see your weigh in anyway on Sunday.. what club is that for that you are all fishing Harris on Sunday?

On the meetings .. we utilize it before each tournament to catch up with one another and to basically shoot the S#$@ Wink .. we also use it for ideas and to pick our classic so to speak .. just an idea.. great place to meet people. ( we meet at a restaurant )

lol anyway .. Tight Lines all

Steve
    Potter
    Potter
    Admin

Post  Potter Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:17 pm

Welcome to the board Steve!! Look forward to meeting you and fishing this year. Looking forward to the good weather too!!
    hook_ana_Dream336
    hook_ana_Dream336

Looking to join Empty trying to become a member

Post  hook_ana_Dream336 Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:52 am

Hi,
    my name is Zack im 21 born and raised greensboro NC. i've been fishing all my life , and im really hoping to be able to join , and start tournament fishing. and also learning from the other members and anglers. Im a full time student and mostly fish (Lake Hunt) a private lake in Reidsville . May of heard of it? Smile . It's snowin here !! jus wanted to say evryone be safe and take care!!!!!!!!!!
    Junior
    Junior

Post  Junior Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:44 am

Welcome to the board Zack, and to the club.
    sammy
    sammy

Post  sammy Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:58 am

Welcome to the board Zack, we will be glad to have you fish with us Very Happy
    Maxamize
    Maxamize

Post  Maxamize Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:04 am

Welcome Zack Looking forward to meeting you. Everone that fishes in this club are good guys and will do almost anything for you. Laughing If you have any questions or anything fell free to ask. we all have a good time. Thumbs Up
    hook_ana_Dream336
    hook_ana_Dream336

Post  hook_ana_Dream336 Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:32 am

thanks you guys .. you dont know how much this means to me !!!!!!!!!!!!... i wish i could fish this satur. but im goin to go check out and hopefully buy one this friday ....
    off a craigslist so you kno how that goes puttn my faith in a maybe lol... but wat i was asking you guys .. if you know of any boats for sale in the 1000-1500 range... (know thats not alot but after tution thats all i got left dat a i saved Smile .. so if you kno of one by friday let me kno!!! but if not ... i'll be a boater by this weekend fellaz... Smile .. so jus let me kno wen yall wanna go fishing im down im tryin to learn and soak up as much as i can.... March cant come fast enough lol Very Happy take care guys

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content